The cornerstone of Cono Sur Vineyards & Winery is innovation. The company defines itself by three main features: the creative use of technology, orientation towards quality and respect and commitment for the environment. Our philosophy is the starting point of each one of our innovative and expressive wines.
Who We Are
- Our Philosophy
- Vineyards / Origins
- Winemaking / Varieties
- Packaging / Design
- Environmental Consciousness
Cono Sur has diversified and enriched its grape sources, leading a permanent search for areas that will best express the aromatic and flavour potential of each variety. This quest has taken us to new and exciting terroirs, from the northernmost to the southernmost frontiers of Chilean viticulture.
Cono Sur has expanded the boundaries of viticulture and winemaking in Chile, introducing widely unknown varieties to our country:
- We were the first winery to produce and export Viognier from Chile.
- Ours was the first Riesling with a Bío-Bío Valley Designation of Origin.
- We are one of the largest producers of Pinot Noir in the world.
- Ours was the first Sparkling wine with a Bío-Bío Valley Designation of Origin.
Not only have we used innovation with what goes into the bottle, but also its packaging.
- In 1995, we were the first winery in South America to use synthetic corks.
- Since 1997, our website’s address www.conosur.com has been printed on all our corks.
- In 2002, we were the first Chilean winery to use screwcaps with aromatic white wines; this is the best closure to keep a wine young, fresh and oxidation-free.
- From 2002 onwards, based on product performance, technical development and market response, we have shifted most of our Whites, Rosés and Pinot Noirs – along with Reds intended for brief cellaring – to advanced screwcap closures.
Since its conception, Cono Sur has been deeply committed to the development of its environmental policies, believing that high quality wine production can work hand-in-hand with eco-friendly practices.
Tackling environmental issues has been a key part of our philosophy. Over the years, we have implemented a clean action plan, which embraces our natural vineyard management, organic production, ISO certifications and balancing our CO2 emissions through our CarbonNeutral® delivery status.